When you deed an object in Second Life, you are giving it to a group.
To deed an object to a group, all of the following must be true:
- You must have the permission to transfer it.
- You must be part of the group you want to deed the object to.
- You must have a role in the group with the right to deed your objects.
Steps to deed your object to a group:
- Rez the object.
- Right click on it and select “Edit”.
- In the “General” tab, look for “Group” and be sure it displays the name of the group you want to deed the object to.
- If the currently set group is not correct, you can change it through the tool icon.
- Check the “Share” box.
- Click on “Deed”.
Note that once you deed something to a group, you’re no more its owner until you undeed it.
When the item is deeded, you won’t be able to edit it, move it or access its contents (including scripts and configuration notecards).